Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Reminiscing 4

Still in the old vault, I thought it would be fun to share a momentous event in the Dale family...the 30th wedding anniversary of my sister Trish & her husband Francois.
Pretty much the whole family from many countries gathered in the south of France to celebrate.
My paternal grandmother had lived in Najac, in the Averyron, where Trish & Francois met, married and still live nearby.
Trish thought it would be the perfect place to have a party, so found a huge house in a nearby village for us to gather.

Uncle Andy giving us a history lesson about the castle that guarded Najac in the 1300's

A house big enough for 20...
Sister Belinda (Trish, background)  and me deciding what to make for dinner for the crowd

Niece Mackenzie looking at the village from the top of the Chateau

A gathering of cousins

Granny's house (at the foot of the castle)

Dad and Belinda hamming it up

The gang gathers outside the church where the wedding ceremony took place

Uncle Andy and me having a moment

My aunt Nicole (who is my Paris hostess) and me
The happy family being feted
On our way back to Toulouse, 
we stopped to admire another medieval town Carcassonne

It was wonderful to see the whole family again!

No comments:

Post a Comment