Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Sunday, September 16, 2018

One last UK outing

As I am sure you know by now, I love a new restaurant adventure
 and trying new foods!
My aunt told us that she had the perfect place in mind..
...The Railway Carriage Cafe in Lopenhead
 The restaurant is an old railway car...how unique!
I was thrilled to find that they carried my favourite Czech Pilsner
Between the 3 of us we decided to share some vegetarian fare.
Quinoa burger

Mixed veggie salad

Parm dusted fries with garlic aioli 
For our last night In Somerset, 
we tried a new Indian/British  Restaurant.
Some of the group tried a Mutton stew with plantains...
....but I felt I needed to get my last dose of F&C before heading home.
It was lovely spending time with my family
The worst part of the end of a holiday is the 'airport hotel restaurant'.
I was pleasantly surprised to see that they
 had 'lamb shanks' on the menu...
..a fitting end to a great vacation.

So long UK....until we meet again next year 

No comments:

Post a Comment