Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Friday, August 25, 2017

This 'n That

I thought I would take a breather from writing about specific places or events and chat a bit about a number of unrelated topics.
First up...we are staying at a cottage on a working Farm, which I mentioned earlier was an internment camp during WW1 & WW2.
Upon arrival, all sorts of goodies were waiting for us, such as fresh milk from their cows, cakes and fresh eggs....I must say, I have seen a lot of eggs in my time, but never a light blue one! (top left)
 Chickens roam freely, as do many resident cats.  This Manx one decided our doorstep was a great place for a nap...might have had to do with the bit of steak I gave her the night before....:)
 Our little garden is not large, 
but has lovely flowers growing on the wall
During an evening stroll in Douglas, I came across this lovely wall art
I know you have all been waiting.......I have been so busy that there was no time for lovely meals to share, except for a fabulous evening out with our friends Louise and Trevor at Attraversiamo Steak House in Ramsay.   Check out our delicious dinner...
Seafood Linguine

Cod Fillet

Chicken with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes
Thanks so much for a great evening....

In closing, check out the amazing view to the south of the farm...
....so peaceful.


Coming up....a new Glen to visit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment