Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Saturday, October 3, 2015

Super Moon

There was a total eclipse of the moon on the night of September 27, 2015. It happens to be the closest supermoon of 2015. It’s the Northern Hemisphere’s Harvest Moon, or full moon nearest the September equinox.  This full moon is also called a Blood Moon, because it presents the fourth and final eclipse of a lunar tetrad: four straight total eclipses of the moon, spaced at six lunar months (full moons) apart.
 
I thought this would be a good opportunity to set up my tripod, strap on my telephoto lens and see what I could capture.
 
I was disheartened to see the clouds starting to roll in, so had to wait for a few breaks to start snapping away.
The eclipse started.....

......the moon was starting to fade away....
......minute by minute....
until, finally, it almost totally diasappeared....
Although I am not a professional photographer, I am extremely happy with the pictures I captured over my 4 hour outside advenure!

No comments:

Post a Comment