Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Friday, May 5, 2017

A day in the life of a French family

I love the French style of living....
it centers around family, friends and food.
While spending a few days not far from the village of Laguepie, my sister and I hosted a lunch for long time friends.  As everything is also bought fresh daily, we headed to a nearby village to buy what we needed for our meal.
 



I even found some duck confit to take home with me!
We started off with a selection of pate, saucisson
 and freshly picked, tangy radishes....
 .....followed by a traditional roast leg of lamb,
roast potatoes and flageolet beans

It was a meal that lasted hours.....
 The final courses were served.....a selection of cheeses
.....with a fruity red....
and....'the piece de resistance'.....fresh strawberries and champagne!

What a lovely way to spend an afternoon!


No comments:

Post a Comment