Winter Barn Owl

Winter Barn Owl
Life's a Hoot !

Monday, October 13, 2014

So much to be Thankful for

As I gaze out at my front lawn, I bask in the knowledge that I have been blessed 
with wonderful friends, family and a full active life...
We surrounded ourselves with our friends and feasted for a few days!
Lunch started with a gooey grilled cheese....
followed by a warming pot of spicy chilli for dinner....
We gathered over fine wine to chat....
...but my cat, Tasha, would not leave VStar lady alone...
she was determined to lick her hair, making us all laugh!
Thanksgiving day, we put the bird in to roast and 
headed down to the lake to admire the brilliant foliage

We worked up quite an appetite after our 3 km hike.....time to tuck into our feast!

Turkey, french green beans, maple carrots, sweet tater pie & sage stuffing!
The following day, we bid our friends good-bye and we treated ourselves to 
Sunday Brunch at The Cavelier Room
Eggs Benedict Florentine
With all the tasty treats of the weekend making us feel sluggish,
 a walk with the dogs was in order

...followed by a colourful tour in our 1957 MGA


I give thanks every day for all the blessings in my life......
 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It certainly was - everything was wonderful! Thanks to all who participated, especially R, who cooked the turkey!

      Delete